Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bally Total Fitness: Or How To Sell Your Soul to a Gym


I suppose that's what I get for being bored one day. P convinced me, while at work, to sign up for a free two-week trial membership at Bally Total Fitness. I think she just wanted some motivation to go herself, and having a workout buddy can do that to you...and how.

So here I am, only one week into the two-week trial, and I've gone to the gym every day. Something about it just sucks you in. There's hard body hotties, and girls in cute exercise gear, there's even a flipping juice bar.

Somehow my psyche has been altered, and Bally Total Fitness has become like crack cocaine to me: Must do CardioFlex on Monday, must make it to Spinning Class on Tuesday, KwandoFlex on Wednesday, more Spinning on Thursday, lift on Friday. Forget about resting on Saturday and Sunday...you've just gotten started.

My eyelids are heavy, my back hurts, my ankles are swollen, I can't feel other parts of my body, and sometimes moving about can be agonizing. So guess where I'm going this afternoon? That's right: Bally Total Fitness.

I give up...and relinquish all control to The Bally.

8 comments:

Way-to-go-Grace said...

thanks, dcdramagrrls!

That Girl said...

That is so very true!! It is definitely like free crack samples!

DC Cookie said...

Trust me...I finally started to get into the classes at Golds (my girl Kathryn teaches) and I got hooked. Stopped for a while during my training, but will be starting up again soon. Too bad you don't work out at Gold's or we could hit the classes up together.

kob said...

My problem with Ballys is just the opposite of yours. I don't go enough.

But your gym has a juice bar? The one near me, on L Street near 21st NW, is in a dark basement and you have to run upstairs to a cvs if you want any juice. Nice post.

Way-to-go-Grace said...

KOB, get with it. All the COOL kids go to the Bally's at Pentagon Square. No offense to the DC one, but the crowd is perfect if you're a dude looking to meet other dudes...and I'm not talking about guys' night out. The Pentagon City locale is more my speed...yuppy.

kob said...

True about L street, and that's not my cup of tea.

But, alas, it's in walking distance.

Way-to-go-Grace said...

I'm now officially a Bally slave for the next 3 years. Damn, I am so weak.

Marci said...

kob - I got to L street too and it is SO dungeon-like. I hate it. All black and red, who thought that was a good idea, Charles Manson?