Sunday, July 24, 2005

Hair, Steak and Houseparty: Or the Best Weekend in a While

J, Ari, D and P at Mortons Georgetown (aren't they all hot?)
It was Friday, and I was tired. I didn't really want to go out that night, but S the intern reminded me that I had promised to hang out all summer and had yet to follow through. I relented, and by midnight we were on our way to Dream. Her sketchy connection C got us in for free just in time to see 112 perform, and then on to the VIP section where I met Slim. After four apple martinis, though, I don't remember what all I said to him. But that's not the story at hand...
Saturday morning I felt a bit icky, but P, my roommate's coworker and friend, came over to do my hair. He comes to my apartment to do it and charges me less than a salon (rave!) and does a fabulous job. Tell me if you want his number. He does my hair free every time I get him a new client. While chatting, we decided to try Mortons for dinner since he and roommate D are servers there and get a 50% discount. I invited my hot girl friend J, and off we went. At dinner, we were comped a bunch of side dishes and dessert, and it was only $100 for all four of us to eat (rave!)!
After that, we hit up a houseparty in Capitol Hill. The crowd was just OK, but there were plenty of jello shots to be had, so that kept us busy. Later on, our foursome hopped into a cab driven by a Sudanese dude (actually half Sudanese, half Irish, he explained, saying he was "all Irish" from the waist down. GROSS!). Roomie D suggested we take a detour to a strip club...and then...well, what did happen after that? Maybe I'll remember next time...
...But to recap: Good hair, good food, good fun? All in a day? These things ONLY happen to me... :)

No comments: