Thursday, April 14, 2005

Damn You, I-395: Or Why I Hate Arlington, VA

Seriously, why live there anyway? It's not any cheaper than the city and you can't find any damn thing. Stick to the District and you'll be fine...until you get married, have kids and want them to go to a good school, then you'll have to have tons of cash. But I digress...

So there I was, heading to Shirlington (most useless part of Arlington) for Janice's birthday dinner. A few friends met me at work and we took the Key Bridge to 395.

I don't know how it happened (and of course it was obviously NOT MY FAULT), but we ended up exiting at Pentagon City. We got turned around, got back on 395, and somehow ended up back in the District, but in Southwest, by the waterfront. I looked for signs back to 395 South, drawing us closer and closer to Southeast DC (no matter how many nice condos they build, I will never forget what my father told me when he dropped me off freshman year at Georgetown: "STAY OUT OF SOUTHEAST, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!")

Finally, and only by the grace of God (who was done screwing with me for the moment), we found the highway and got to Janice's apartment just as Lost was beginning. Too bad it was a rerun.

No comments: